Information on repeat prescriptions - please click here
If you take medication on a long-term basis you can ask for repeat medication by:
- Handing in the right hand side of your prescription marking the medicines you require
- Posting in the right hand side of your prescription (along with a stamped address envelope) marking the medicines you require
- Completing a blank “repeat prescription request slip” at reception
- Faxing the right hand side of your prescription to any site on the following fax numbers:
- Morecambe Site 01524 519801
- Heysham Site 01524 519881
- West End Site 01524 518953
- Completing the online repeat prescription form (Select the link at the top of this page)
- We will only issue prescriptions if they are due within 7 days of request, unless a reason is specified why you need your medication early.
UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE UNABLE TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION REQUEST OVER THE TELEPHONE
PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS (2 WORKING DAYS), EXCLUDING WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS FOR US TO PROCESS YOUR REPEAT PRESCRIPTION
(EG, IF YOU ORDER ON A SUNDAY, THE PRESCRIPTION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED TILL THE MONDAY SO WILL NOT BE READY FOR COLLECTION UNTIL WEDNESDAY AFTER 5PM)
- ALL REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS MUST BE COLLECTED FROM THE SITE AT WHICH THEY WERE ORDERED
NB - IF YOU DO NOT SPECIFY A SITE OR PHARMACY FOR COLLECTION - YOUR PRESCRIPTION WILL BE ISSUED AT THE WEST END SITE (YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMING THE PHARMCY A PRESCRIPTION WILL BE READY FOR COLLECTION FROM THE WEST END SITE)
Message from Bay Urgent Care about Prescriptions
Please ask to see our Repeat Prescribing Policy for more information.
Changes to medication
We are constantly reviewing and updating our prescribing in line with local and national guidelines, as a result you may notice that when you collect your repeat prescription your medication has been altered. Please be assured that the alternative will have evidence based efficacy and safety whilst being more cost effective to the NHS.
These switches are being made by all local practices and is a joint approach to maximise the NHS budget within which we have to operate.
If you have any queries regarding your medication, please discuss this with your local pharmacist, or please contact the practice so that one of our pharmacists can make themselves available to speak to you.
* Please be aware that if you are registered for Patient Access you now now order repeat precriptions through there. You can only request medication you have on repeats. If you require any additional medication please order as usual at the surgery or via the website prescription ordering form.