If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required. There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 8 weeks before you travel - as a follwo up appointment may be required to enable completion of any vaccinations. Some vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Please complete the Travel Pre-assessment Questionnaire below and hand into reception as soons as possible.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS. A useful public website for travel health advice is http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
The following vaccinations are provided free of charge:
- Combined Hepatitis A and B
- Combined Hepatitis A and typhoid
- Tetanus, diphtheria and polio given as combined vaccine
The following vaccinations are provided with a charge:
- Yellow Fever £80.00 per dose (A full course is one dose)
- Meningitis ACWY £75.00 per dose (A full course is one dose)
- Hepatitis B (single agent) £40.00 per dose (A full course is three doses) - (applies to Occupational risk also when fee is payable by the employer under Health & Safety legislation)
- Japanese Encephalitis £100 per dose (A full course is two doses)
- Tick Borne Encephalitis £80 per dose (A full course is one dose)
- Rabies £55 per dose (A full course is three doses)
There is a charge of £18 for an Antimalarial prescription.
Please note that full payment is required in advance of the appointment
Click here for a copy of our Travel Leaflet
Click here for information regarding prescriptions for travel & Holidays
Travel Health Questionnaire
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.
Travel Pre-assessment Questionnaire
Other useful links
Here are some other useful links to websites you may find helpful when planning a trip abroad:
For information on your destination provided by the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
For information on your destination provided by the NHS (Scotland).
For The Foreign and Commonwealth Office website which provides up-to-date information about destination countries.
Essential advice for anyone travelling to malaria hotspots.
Advice and protection about sunburn and skin cancer.
Acomprehensive, up-to-date and accurate source of information on vaccines, disease and immunisation.